In accordance with the European tradition, the debutantes have the honour of officially opening a big society ball.
Debutantes — unmarried young people — are selected by the Ballroom Committee long before the ball. Then, for two or three months they polish their dance skills at specially organized dancing classes.
The Russian Ball in Beijing will be opened by 50 debutante couples, including young ladies and gentlemen from Russia, China, as well as other countries. The application for a participation as a debutante can be submitted below.
Dance classes for debutantes will be organized both in Moscow and in Beijing. Final rehearsals — of which there will be three — will be held in Beijing within two or three days before the ball.
Candidates, both young ladies and young gentlemen need to take part in a selection process.
To be accepted for the Russian Ball in Beijing, certain conditions must be met:
• Young ladies should be at least 18 and no older than 27, unmarried.
• Young men should be at least 18 and no older than 28, unmarried.
• Candidates must be either university students or have a permanent job.
• Candidates may be newcomers or may have previously participated in our Balls in Vienna, London, Shenzhen or Moscow.
Please be aware that only a registration with a partner will be accepted. To apply as a single person without a partner is not possible.
We kindly ask those candidates, who have not yet participated in one of our balls, to send us a CV in English and a photo. An interview via Whatsapp, WeChat or Skype is to follow, after which the Ball Committee will inform them, if they are being accepted or not.
The registration is 250 € for every couple. The fee includes:
- seats in the ballroom for two people;
- gala dinner including drinks for two people;
- flower bouquet for the ladies;
- three rehearsals before the ball in Beijing.
The fee is non-refundable.
- pure white, floor length evening gown;
- white elbow length glove;
- white dancing shoes;
- the hair needs to be tied up;
- a tiara crowns the look (you can choose to wear a tiara but it is not mandatory).
- white tie or gala uniform;
- black shoes;
- white gloves.
Please note, that Viennese waltz (natural turn) and basic skills of other ballroom dances are mandatory. Our choreographer will check your dancing skills during the first rehearsal in Beijing. If your dancing skills are insufficient, you will not be able to participate as a debutante.
If you want to be on the safe side, you can send us a video dancing the Viennese Waltz or come to us in Vienna or Moscow, where our choreographers will check your dancing skills in advance.
There are three rehearsals which are mandatory to attend:
- The first will take place on Thursday evening, 10th of October.
- The second will take place on Friday evening, 11th of October.
- The third rehearsal will take place on Saturday, 12th of October, during the day.